You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Unified No. : 920020820
Origin And Definition
Vision And Mission
Board Of Directors
Training And Qualification
SCE In NewsPaper
Saudi Council of Engineers achievements
The Practice of Engineering Professions Regulating Law
The Practice of Engineering Professions Regulating Law
The following words and phrases, wherever mentioned herein, shall have the meanings assigned to them hereunder unless otherwise required by the context:
The Law: The Law regulating the Practice of Engineering Professions.
The Regulation: The executive Regulation of this Law.
The Council: The Saudi Council of Engineers.
The Ministry: Ministry of Commerce and Investment.
The Minister: Minister of Commerce and Investment.
The Board: The Board of Directors of the Council.
The Committee: The Professional Accreditation Committee of the Council.
The Engineering Work: Studies, designs, drawings, supervision, implementation, operation and maintenance works in the engineering divisions and branches.
Practice of Engineering Professions: Any engineering work practiced within the engineering disciplines and branches.
Professional Accreditation: Registration with the Council and obtaining a professional degree.
Professional degree: The professional degree an engineer obtained from the Council upon being professionally accredited.
The Engineer's Charter: a set of rules, governing the ethics and conduct for practicing the engineering professions, approved by the Council.
The License: The License granted by the Ministry for engineering offices and companies when practicing any of the engineering professions.
No engineering profession may be practiced unless after obtaining the Professional Accreditation from the Council as stated herein and in the Regulation.
Working in engineering professions for governmental entities shall be deemed a license to practice the profession in such entities within the limits of the related engineering professions, duties and responsibilities thereof. The competent regulatory authorities may at any time they deem fit oblige engineers in government entities to obtain the Professional Accreditation.
A professionally accredited engineer may not practice any non-accredited engineering specialty and/or professional grade.
Subject to the provisions of Paragraph (2) of Article (2) hereof, it is prohibited to employ engineers who are not professionally accredited.
Unless otherwise stated, no authority may accept any Engineering Work unless executed by professionally accredited engineers.
Obtaining Professional Accreditation shall be subject to the following conditions:
1. Applicant for Professional Accreditation shall have the qualification required for any of the engineering specializations from a Saudi university or equivalent from a recognized university.
2. Applicant shall be of full capacity.
3. Applicant shall undertake to comply with Engineer's Charter.
4. Applicant may not be previously convicted of any crime involving a breach of honor and/or trust, unless the applicant has been pardoned.
5. There shall not be any judgment against the applicant on striking off the applicant's Professional Accreditation, unless three years have passed since the issuance of the judgment.
6. The applicant shall pass the technical aptitude tests in the applicant's field of specialization to obtain professional grades as per the conditions and regulations dictated by a decision of the Board.
7. The applicant shall pay the fees for Professional Accreditation.
Applications for Professional Accreditation shall be submitted to the Committee in accordance with procedures adopted by the Board. Professional Accreditation shall be granted after verifying that the necessary conditions for accreditation are met. The Committee shall decide on the application within thirty days from the date of completion of the required documents.
In all cases, the Committee's decision shall be reasoned; and it may be appealed against the Committee's decision before the competent court.
Any Professionally Accredited engineer shall write down the engineer's name, professional grade and accreditation number on all of the engineer's Engineering Works.
The Board shall specify the professional grades and their requirements, period of Professional Accreditation, renewal procedures and fees. The Board shall review the same every five years, and as set out in the Regulation.
Subject to the relevant Laws and the provisions of Paragraph (1) of Article (2) hereof, engineering offices and companies may not practice any of the engineering professions unless after obtaining the necessary License from the Ministry, as per the criteria for the practice of the profession and the conditions of Licenses set by the Council.
1. Without prejudice to any severer punishment provided for in other laws, shall any person commit any of the following breaches, they shall be subject to a fine not exceeding (1,000,000) one million Saudi Riyals:
Practicing any of the engineering professions without obtaining Professional Accreditation, during its suspension or after striking off their Accreditation.
Practicing any of the engineering professions by engineering offices and companies without obtaining a License or after the same being cancelled.
Anyone knowingly employ an engineering practitioner without obtaining Professional Accreditation for the practice of Engineering Works.
2. Without prejudice to any severer punishment provided for in other laws, shall any person commit any of the following, they shall be punished by imprisonment for a period not exceeding one year and a fine not exceeding (1,000,000) one million Saudi Riyals, or either of them:
Providing false information or using unlawful means that resulted in obtaining a Professional Accreditation or a license, led to the renewal of either or led to obtaining a professional grade.
Using any means of advertising, which would lead the public to believe in their eligibility to practice an engineering profession, without obtaining the necessary License or Professional Accreditation.
Impersonating a professional grade that is granted to professionally accredited engineers.
3. The Bureau of Investigation and Public Prosecution shall investigate and prosecute for the violations set forth in this Article.
4. The competent court shall hear the violations and apply the penalties provided for in this Article.
1. A committee or more, consisting of at least three members among them a legal consultant, shall be formed by a resolution of the Minister; it shall consider other violations arising from the application of this Law, and apply one or more of the following penalties:
Suspension of Professional Accreditation for a period not exceeding six months.
A fine not exceeding (100,000) one hundred thousand Saudi Riyals.
Striking off the Professional Accreditation.
Cancellation of the License
2. The Committee shall pass its decisions based on the majority vote of its members, and shall be reasoned and approved by a resolution of the Minister. Decisions of this Committee may be appealed against before the Board of Grievances and according to its Law.
3. If the violation, which the Committee is competent to consider in accordance with paragraph (1) of this Article, combines with another one that the court is competent to consider in accordance with Article (11) hereof, the Committee shall refer the violation to the Bureau of Investigation and Public Prosecution to investigate and prosecute for the same. The competent court shall examine such violation and apply the punishments set forth herein.
The penal judgment or decision which became final and imperative may include a provision to publish the same, at the expense of the offender, in three local newspapers, at least one of them shall be published in the offender's residence; but if there shall be no newspaper published therein, it shall be published in the nearest newspaper thereto.
Violations of the provisions and Regulation hereof shall be documented by employees of the Council designated by a decision of the Minister.
Anyone whose Professional Accreditation has been struck off or whose License has been revoked in accordance with the provisions hereof may request to be reaccredited or relicensed by the competent authority after the expiry of three years from the date of the judgment or decision of striking off or cancellation. When applying for reaccreditation or relicensing, the conditions and procedures necessary for Accreditation shall be applied.
The Minister in coordination with the Board shall issue the Executive Regulation hereof within ninety days from the effective date hereof, and it shall be published in the Official Gazette.
This Law shall come into effect after sixty days of its publication in the Official Gazette.
تسجيل بيانات الباحثين عن العمل
09 يوليه, 2017
08 يوليه, 2017
الإنضمام لعضوية الهيئة
10 يوليه, 2017
13 يوليه, 2017
روابط هامة للمهندس
20 يوليه, 2017